Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbies - Introduce Yourself Here

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 52>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Danmen001 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Danmen001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbies - Introduce Yourself Here
    Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 5:29am
Hey, I'm new to this game. I thought it'd be a good idea for people to introduce themselves on the forum here, to make them feel welcome. I checked, and I'm pretty sure this would be the correct section to place this in.

Anyway, this is my 6th day playing, and I am getting the hang of a game that was very confusing at the start. I'm not making much profit at the moment, but once I get used to the game, I'm hoping it'll start growing as I see what works.

Anyway, other newbies, introcude yourself here! I think this is a good idea because people (newer, as well) will get the know each other before posting in other threads (ones they don't know much about.
Bigwheel View Drop Down
Industrialist

Quote Bigwheel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 5:40am
It's a nice idea, Danmen.  I applaud the community spirited sentiment.

I am not a newbie, but I will give your idea a push:
Big Wheel is middle aged, runs a real business and has a real stock portfolio.  He is extremely intelligent, but unfortunately knows it.  Fearcly competetive, but can't spell fearcly. .  Wheel is a moderator for the Newbie thread.

As moderator, I am sorry to tell you, it is my duty to gently let you know that you have chosen the wrong forum.  This section is for new players to ask questions about game mechanics, or ask for other help.  This thread should be, IMO, in the off-topic section.  Perhaps one of the full-fledged moderators would move it? <edit : Never mind, I moved it.  I didn't know I could do that!>

Edited by Bigwheel - 15 Feb 2009 at 5:43am
Bankruptcy is an un-forgivable disgrace.
Bigjoe View Drop Down
informatist.wikia.com

Quote Bigjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 9:34am
we did have a thread in but no one posted can someone pin it but just leave it here though
Disclaimer:
BigJoe cannot be held responsible for any of his actions within this forum all those found to be questionsing this will be lolled at!
Not_Available_37236 View Drop Down

Quote Not_Available_37236 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 11:41am
Welcome Danmen, i have only been in the game for about a month. Give it time as nothing good comes easy.
Marynoan View Drop Down

Quote Marynoan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 11:56am
Welcome Danmen, I sure Bigjoe meant to welcome you to.

I'm from bean town, I just can't seem to get away from all the Brit's in this game, We spent years in the 1770's kicking them outand now there back, I hope your not a Brit. LOL kidding. This is a great game. I'm glad your here, we need player's

spellig

Edited by Marynoan - 15 Feb 2009 at 11:57am
Not_Available_35458 View Drop Down
Abicnx

Quote Not_Available_35458 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 11:59am

Welcome Danmen.... this is such a great idea. that was a need really coz when i started to play this game for the first time, i knew nothing. and Thank you, Bigwheel. i talked to him a lot and I got his name from forum posts. i thought he is admin or something coz in many posts I have seen his name. anyway here is a good place for newbies to introduce theirselves and also oldbies- I just created this word- should introduce theirselves too. We should let people know what we know, so newbies won't hesitate to mail us to ask something or to post something on the forum.

yea anyway, i talked a lot and it's too late for me. I have to go to university 7 hours later. I am not that much knowledgeable member, but all newbies I am ready to share what I know. Good night everyone for now.

Edited by Abicnx - 15 Feb 2009 at 12:01pm
The Turk
Chiang Mai, Thailand

"Look at your eyes. They are small, but they see enormous things."
RUMI
Northstar997 View Drop Down
Crispy Duck

Quote Northstar997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 2:16pm
Hi Danmen, I'm interested in business. Good luck in the game.
Don't succeed. I don't like competition.
Salfordsniper View Drop Down
Time Nomad

Quote Salfordsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 3:29pm
Hey Danmen, I'm Salford, I talk a lot Big%20smile.

In the real world I've been mostly involved in business improvement, expansions, turning around failing businesses, mergers, joint ventures, that sort of thing, and I find this game very true to life. I'm a work addict, I've got 3 jobs because I can't decide which one(s) to give up, I just keep accepting new ones.

I'm a long-term gamer, been gaming for decades now, but I'm so addicted to Informatist that I've given up every other game because I haven't the time or the inclination to play anything else.

I'm a time nomad, one of my jobs involves being on standby throughout the night, while the other two are day-shift, so I can be found around Informatist at all kinds of random hours. I'm based in the UK, although work sometimes takes me around the world, but I live in a timezone completely different to anybody else's.

I'm always willing to help out anybody who is stuck or in trouble. I've had some great help from the Informatist community and I like to give that back a little. Above and beyond the thrill of the game, I'm made some amazing friendships here, something I totally didn't expect. I think I'll be in contact with some of the people I've met here long after my time in the game has passed. I've had to reassess what my idea of winning is, for me it's no longer about just getting highest scores, but having the best possible time with a bunch of people that I really like and care about. Big%20smile

It's a fantastic community here, welcome on-board and good luck with your business.
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ...'
Isaac Asimov
Dionysus View Drop Down

Quote Dionysus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 5:09pm
Hey, I'm Dionysus, and I'm still in school. I've always been interested in buiness though so i figured I'd give this a try.

I took the SATs a month or so ago and got good results for my age so i guess I'm smart.

Anyways, I like greek mythology to.

Edited by Dionysus - 15 Feb 2009 at 5:10pm
Bigjoe View Drop Down
informatist.wikia.com

Quote Bigjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2009 at 5:40pm
sorry forgot to say heya in my first post.
Im Bigjoe a.k.a. Prydemusic in some circles. Im in my final year of High school (S6 cant remember the english equiv) making me in the terms of the game middle aged lol (Since every one seems to be either 30 or 10-14 on here) am going to Uni next year to study sound/music/audio technology *starts to feel over happy about it*. Im into Rugby, Programming, Bass Guitar, Motorbikingand of course sound engineering and producing.
If you want to know more about me just ask dink lol he knows what im talking aboutWink

Edited by Bigjoe - 15 Feb 2009 at 5:41pm
Disclaimer:
BigJoe cannot be held responsible for any of his actions within this forum all those found to be questionsing this will be lolled at!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 52>